Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pad Thai from Joy Yee's Noodles - $8.50

1163 East Ogden Avenue, Naperville, IL - 630.579.6800


Pad Thai is a dish of stir-fried rice noodles with eggs, fish sauce, tamarind juice, red chilli pepper, plus any combination of bean sprouts, shrimp, chicken, or tofu, garnished with crushed peanuts and coriander. It is normally served with a piece of lime, the juice of which can be added along with Thai condiments.
- Excerpt from wikipedia

I did a post on this same dish before here and now I'm showing you another restaurant's take on it. Joy Yee's Noodles is a fairly prestigious shop in Chinatown of Chicago, but this is one of their newer shops in the suburbs. Also, I believe they are more famously known for their bubble tea instead of their food.

Anyway, I have reached the conclusion that just about every dish at Joy Yee's is good, but not great, but they make up for their lack of awesomeness by giving you huge portions. That's definitely okay with me. Another handy feature is their ginormous menu with pictures of nearly every dish.

But that's beside the point. Today, I'm criticizing their pad thai and like I stated about the rest of their food, it's good, but not great. If you're only looking to leave stuffed to the brim with some decent quality food at a fair price, then this place is for you. But if you're seeking something to tantalize your tastebuds, then I recommend driving a few miles from there to Lao Sze Chuan (which I'll post about later).

1 comment:

Kinobe said...

hahaha..... Lao Tze Chuan. catchy. Like a chinese pet shop named Chairman Meow or something.

You know what's funny, I've seen this dish before, or a variation of it, however I don't recall ever seeing the name "Pad Thai". Maybe it's time I visit a Thai restaurant soon.