Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Beef Patty from D&H Jamaican Cuisine - $1.75

748 East Chestnut Hill Road, Newark, DE - 302.896.8826


There are just three words you need to know about this appetizer: ox tail gravy. This is just a beef patty deep-fried in batter, but then you drown that sucker in some ox tail gravy and you've got yourself a winner. I don't believe there is such a thing as "too much ox tail gravy" so go nuts. And if you have leftovers after you finish the patty, dump it on your entree. My coworker and I go so far as to get another bowl of oxtail gravy on the side to make sure our food is submerged.

How would I describe it? Meaty, oily, and yummy. I honestly can't explain it better than that. Just give it a try if you run across it and you'll see what I mean.

3 comments:

Kinobe said...

What's ox tail sauce? I make it sound like it's very common.

Kinobe said...

Correction: YOU make it sound very common.

I typed the above when i was half asleep.

eekbot said...

gravy made from ox tail i s'pose. it's not common from what i can tell, but the beef patty comes with some on top and i'm recommending that you ask for a lot more b/c that's what makes the beef patty awesome.