Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pad Thai from Tasty Thai - $8.95

287 Christiana Road, New Castle, DE - (302)322-1306


Here is yet another mediocre dish in my neighborhood. As far as I know, Tasty Thai is the only Thai restaurant within a 30 minute radius and the next closest place charges about double this for a smaller serving size. So when I need to have my Thai food fix, this is it right here.

Every trip is an adventure because their chefs are pretty inconsistent. Some dishes are GODAWFUL while others are fairly tasty. Thankfully, the pad thai dish is one of the more respectable ones I've tried, even if it does come in an orange hue.

WARNING: One of the "GODAWFUL" dishes I speak of is the Lad Na - a dish I absolutely ADORE from other restaurants, but this place has a version that makes me want to curl up in fetal position and cry.

4 comments:

Kinobe said...

Looks like char kuey teow... i'll post a pic of that next time i have that.

eekbot said...

YOU look like char kuey teow. swish!

my said...

Yes, many have said I'm yummy.

Upp Dinero said...

I love char keuw teow kinobe! Post some authentic street vendor food like that! That pad thai looks so orange because I think american thai restaurants use ketchup as coloring. Anyways, keep posting guys. Looks delicious.