Saturday, January 24, 2009

Double Cheeseburger from McDonald’s - $1.50

All over Philippines.

Meh.Not much to say about this one, except that it was my very first meal of 2009. For comparison’s sake I got a very unadventurous Double Cheeseburger Value Meal from McD’s. It tastes and looks exactly the same as I what I get in Malaysia. Bah.The same goes for the fries and Coke, obviously.

I also got a Taro Pie, which is quite new to me, and I’d welcome this addition to the McD’s pie family in Malaysia (which includes apple, Yawn.banana and at one point, pineapple).  Taro btw is yam, and if you still have a puzzled look, you should to google it. You get it a lot in chinese cooking.

My friend was slight more adventurous and went for something more Filipino, with the Chicken McDo & McSpaghetti. Ok adventurous may not McDo and McSpaghettibe the best word to describe this, but you get the idea. McDo must be their short name for McDonald’s as you will find their   website is www.mcdo.com.ph, that or they think fried chicken is the flagship McDonald’s dish in the Philippines.

The McDo and the McSpaghetti.

I heard the spaghetti is sweeter than it should be, and the fried chicken tasted like fried chicken. I wasn’t sure what to expect walking into a McD’s in Philippines, now I know it’s not that much different from what we are all used to.

Pie

My next post will be the last from my Philippines trip. I have a lot more pics, but because they are so similar (to each other) as well as to chinese food, I decided to give them a pass. Also most of them are more snack-like than a proper meal. Maybe I’ll post them in a batch next time. But what I’m posting next, well that was one of my culinary missions before going to Philippines, so you can imagine how happy I was to find it on my very last day, also the reason why it’s the last post.

 

 

5 comments:

eekbot said...

cooool... we only get apple pie here. is taro naturally purple? i've seen taro bubble tea and that was also purple, but pictured yam being that color.

and fried chicken and spaghetti at mcdonald's? now that's just craaaazy talk. i wonder why they don't do that here. i mean, who loves fried chicken more than fat americans? no one. that's who.

Kinobe said...

Yes it's naturally purple, though not THAT purple, especially not bubble tea purple. That shit looks like crayola.

I just googled, and found that it is the potato of the humid tropics. Never knew, thought they'd grow everywhere.

eekbot said...

i see... this blog has taught me many a lesson.

Kinobe said...

Yes I have much to edumacate you.

Kinobe said...

I just realized that you were surprised to see fried chicken being served at McDonalds... do you not have that? We have fried chicken in McD's here in Malaysia since forever.