Friday, October 3, 2008

Texas Tommy from Johnnie's Dog House - $3.50

3401 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE - (302)477-1440


The Texas Tommy is a hot dog wrapped in bacon, then deep-fried and finally topped with cheese.

This hot dog is good, but I feel like it has potential to be SPECTACULAR if it has a little something extra. Maybe chili? Maybe onion rings? I don't know. Mostly, it tastes like a solid foundation for something even better.

One thing's for certain though - this experience has taught me that EVERYTHING should be wrapped in bacon.... starting with my toothbrush.

3 comments:

my said...

I agree with the bacon part. I'm a fan of mustard but isn't that a bit too much? I haven't actually had a hotdog i've been crazy about before.

my said...

Sorry sorry my had.. that's cheese.

That said... wouldn't mustard be awesome on that.. mmmm..

eekbot said...

mustard would probably work. although, i like to taste the restaurant's version before i tinker around with it.