Saturday, October 25, 2008

Singapore Street Noodles from Ping Pong - $12.00

3322 North Broadway Street, Chicago, IL - (773)281-7575


Here's another dish from the posh restaurant Ping Pong. Unlike the fish tacos I posted earlier, this dish is less bells 'n whistles and more substance.

The rice noodles are spiced with curry and mixed with shrimp, chicken and roast pork. I don't normally like thin pasta such as angel hair, but there's something about these noodles that makes it really enjoyable to fork a tangled bunch and gobble up huge mouthfuls at a time. Anyway, the price is a bit overwhelming for what you get, but as my sister likes to say, "You're paying for the ambience."

3 comments:

Kinobe said...

In Cantonese that's called "Sing Chau Mai". Sing as in.. Singapore, Chau as in.. I dunno.. and Mai as in Mai Fun, otherwise known as Rice Noodles, some people call it Glass Noodles. Ironically I don't remember seeing this during my many trips to Singapore, but I could be wrong.

eekbot said...

i've heard them called them glass noodles here also.

Kinobe said...

JESUS CHRIST 12 bucks i just noticed.... it's like RM3.50 here. So about 1 USD.