Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fried Oreos from Johnnie's Dog House - $2.00

3401 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE - (302)477-1440


I've heard people rave about fried Oreos for a long time, and now I finally understand what all the fuss is about. There's something magical about the crispy fried batter outside with the soft, oil-soaked cookie on the inside. Perhaps "magical" isn't the word I'm looking for... more like... diabetic. Yes, that's it. Diabetic.

You get eight of these in a single order, but each cookie is saturated with so much sweetness that I have troubles eating more than two at a time. Try to eat them while they're fresh so the outside is still crispy. I made the mistake of waiting until I got home forty minutes away by which time the cookies had already gotten soggy from the condensation in the closed container.

2 comments:

Kinobe said...

I don't know which is worse for your health, all the sugar (is that icing i see on top of it?) or the thought of DUNKING your cookie into OIL.

Stiil, I would love to try one. Or 8.

eekbot said...

that's powdered sugar on the cookies.

i actually had to wait in line a 2nd time to order these since i didn't see it on the menu when i placed my first order. it was totally worth it.