Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chopped Beef Brisket Sandwich from Smoque - $8.95

3800 N Pulaski Rd, Chicago, IL - (773)545-7427


This restaurant has had a lot of hype after being on the Food Network channel, so I went to check it out for myself. The sandwich was tasty, but nowhere near as phenomenal as what I had heard/read about. The sauce has a striking similarity to a watered down A1 sauce, so I think they'd be better off just using A1 sauce itself. The peach cobbler was yummy also, although it tasted like they used canned peaches.

Like I said, the food was good, but there's nothing exceptional to make me want to go back. There are nearby BBQ joints with better sauces, better hours, and cheaper prices, so unfortunately for Smoque, I don't see the need to settle for this one.


This is the last picture I was able to take with my camera before it died, so please excuse the bad quality.

2 comments:

Kinobe said...

but the meat looks good...

eekbot said...

it IS good... just that you can find better for cheaper.