Sunday, October 12, 2008

Polish Sausage from Jim's Original - $3.25

1250 S Union Ave, Chicago, IL - (312)733-7820


I had a recurring dream about this Polish sausage for over five months. In my dream, I would crave one of these and set out to get one, but then never reach the restaurant. That had to be one of the most frustrating dreams I've ever had, so you can imagine how delighted I was to finally get to eat one.

Of course, it's hard to meet expectations like that, but man, that was one satisfying Polish sausage. Objectively speaking, it's a very basic Polish sausage with only grilled onions, mustard, and hot peppers, but there's something very alluring about it all. My friend and I actually both concur that it tastes better without the peppers too. Also, did I mention that it's open 24x7? That probably has something to do with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are those pickles at the top? I dunno, it doesn't look that good to me. What's a polish sausage?

eekbot said...

those are hot peppers that squirt spicy juice when you bite into them. i usually eat it without them.

a Polish sausage is also known as kielbasa. it's basically a much higher quality hot dog.

Kinobe said...

Higher quality than bratwursts?