Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pork Jibarito from Cafeteria de Pancho - $6.95

2200 N California Ave, Chicago, IL - (773)772-7811


I made an earlier post here on a jibarito from Borinquen's which is supposedly the restaurant that invented this unique sandwich.

My little sister said Pancho's made a better one, so I wanted to check it out since I enjoyed the first one so much, and once again, I was impressed. It's the essentially the same sandwich as Borinquen's: flattened plantains for a bun, your choice of meat, and the standard toppings of lettuce and tomatoes. They tasted about the same, but the tie-breaker would have to go to Pancho's for having the larger serving size. But both restaurants are in the same neighborhood and worth checking out so whichever you stumble upon first should be good.

1 comment:

Kinobe said...

Looks good. Never tried a "sandwich" with fried plantains as the bread. Interesting idea. Maybe I'll make one myself....... and probably end up with a bowl of mush.