Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chipotle Grilled Steak Sandwich from TGI Friday's - $11.49

650 South College Avenue, Newark, DE - (302)737-3700


I like to rip my descriptions off the TGI Friday's site when I can because they do a very decent job of describing the dish. This one's description is as follows:

"Tender Cajun–rubbed skirt steak served on toasted ciabatta with a blend of Colby and Monterey Jack cheeses, roasted plantain slices, lettuce, tomato, onion & Chipotle mayo. Served with beer–battered onion rings."

Now this is a sandwich I can appreciate even if it didn't turn out to be all that great, because they are at least TRYING something innovative (plantains). Anyway, my opinion is that the steak was too chewy making it hard to tear and the plantains were a bit too thick. But if they just go back to the drawing boards and tweak their design a bit, they would have themselves a solid sandwich.

1 comment:

Kinobe said...

I wonder if we'll get this here one day.