Thursday, June 26, 2008

Slow Braised Steak & Guinness Pie from The Pig N' Whistle - AU$ 18

IMG_7002
Insomnia so posting this not-so-spectacular pie from Pig N' Whistle, a bistro & pub from Brisbane. I don't remember the real price but it was near/below $20.

It was okay. The Guinness taste is apparent but I'm not sure if it's the best taste around with meat. And I really like my Guinness too. I thought it was a full pie, but the pie 'crust' is all there is, put on top of a whole container of beef stew. Reminds me of "Muffin Tops". Vege was slightly dry.

In flickr you'll find the picture before this one is where I bought it.

2 comments:

eekbot said...

can't trust pub food to be anything special - unless you're drunk. then it's OUTSTANDING.

anyway, i hear the lamb in australia is supposed to be the best in the world. or maybe it was new zealand. same difference. go try some and let me know.

Kinobe said...

Lamb here is good as far as recall (from before). I dunno about the best, unless I sample lamb from any country with it.

But I can imagine why, just google images of "New Zealand", you're bound to find green fields with cows and sheep.