Friday, June 20, 2008

New Zealand Rump Steak.. $9?

This is my first post as a contributor to this blog. In fact this is the first time I've ever blogged. I'm not one for blogging, but after reading eekbot's continuous posts of mediocre food, I felt it was time I show him what REAL food is.

Naturally, as my first post, I feel I have to make sure it's better than anything else that has been posted here. It also has to be of real quality. Mind-blowing goodness. A rush of emotion and a surge of electricity with every bite. So where, pray tell, does food that good come from?

Why, out of my kitchen, of course.

Plate of Awesome
There you have it folks. NZ beef rump, medium rare, served in a thick mushroom and onion sauce, with a side of roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Now for me the thing about steaks is, the rarer it is, the tenderer and juicier the meat. Raw meat has its own taste, a damn good one too. So I like my meat raw. For your viewing pleasure, this is how every bite looks like.

Plate of Awesome closeup
MMMmmmMMMMMmmm...

Granted, the rosemary seasoning spoilt the taste a bit, and the mushroom gravy could've been thicker... but I still say that's a plate of orgasm right there.

The slab of meat I picked up for $5.60, and the veg and potatoes I can't remember... but I'm going to estimate the overall cost of $9. Not too bad at all.

5 comments:

eekbot said...

i KNOW the food i eat is mediocre - that's why it's so tragic that i live in DE. anyway, now that you've officially blogged, you're ONE OF US! ONE OF US! muahaha!

Kinobe said...

i've done no such thing. someone hijacked my account.

eekbot said...

oh, that explains it then. i knew those pics were too good to be yours. but now that you say a hijacker did it, it all makes sense.

Kinobe said...

no, see, what happened was, someone broke into my house, right, and used my comp, and my account was logged in, he saw the pics of my master creation, and decided to post it. i think he has his own blog, but didn't notice i was already signed in. damn website cookies.

eekbot said...

riiiiight. nice try. personally, i think you would've had a better chance blaming it on the underpants gnomes.