Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bruschetta Burger from Applebee's - $8.49

105 Wilton Blvd, New Castle, DE - (302)322.8202


The Bruschetta Burger is supposed to come with bruschetta, pesto sauce, fresh mozzarella wedges, and a 100% Angus beef patty between two pieces of focaccia bread. However, I made the mistake of ordering it in the middle of a nation-wide tomato recall. Therefore, my Bruschetta Burger was lacking, well, bruschetta. Lame.

I've ordered the burger before and thoroughly enjoyed it which is why I ordered it again. The burger without the bruschetta was half-way decent, but try to imagine chopped up tomato chunks atop the pesto sauce in the picture. Mmmm. The thick gobs of fresh mozzarella are key so if you like your cheese, that's all the more reason to try this burger.

The burger also comes with fries - try to go with the garlic fries if they have them. The regular fries are still good, but the garlic ones are better in my opinion.

No comments: