Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hi-Chew by Morinaga - $12.99 for 10 packs

www.circlered.com


If Starbursts and Bubbalicious could have sex and make babies, their offspring would be Hi-Chews. Hi-Chews have a waxier taste and texture than Starbursts, but the fruit flavor is much more prominent - similar to Bubbalicious within the first 20 seconds of chewing.

I was impressed enough by the candy that I went ahead and bought 100 packs for $150 at circlered.com. The individual price is probably closer to $1.29 per pack, but I can't find a local store that sells them so I had to resort to paying shipping and handling charges.

I've tried grape, green apple, mango and strawberry with mango being my favorite so far. But my Japanese friend told me that certain flavors are only sold in certain locations, so it's doubtful I'll get to try any more of them.

No comments: