Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Shrimp with Eggplant in Garlic Sauce from Taste of China - $8.95

1228 Capitol Trail, Newark, DE - (302)368-2100


Taste of China is probably the best local Chinese restaurant and nearly everyone at my workplace is prone to agree. Although, that statement doesn't say much because 1) I haven't tried too many other Chinese places in the area, 2) the Chinese food selection is pretty limited here, and 3) I'm surrounded by close-minded buffoons who refuse to eat Chinese food based on the hunch that they think it's made of stray cats and dogs.

Anyway, the dish for today is called Shrimp with Eggplant in Garlic Sauce. It looks to be a mixture of shrimp, eggplant, baby corn, green bell peppers, and carrots in garlic sauce. It has a star next to the name on the menu to indicate the dish is "Hot and Spicy," but I couldn't detect even the slightest bit of spice. In spite of that letdown, the dish was still fairly tasty and I would recommend it to anyone that doesn't mind a lot of eggplant.

1 comment:

Kinobe said...

I won't say that isn't chinese, but one day I'll need to put up pics from a proper 10 course meal, and you'll see how big a difference proper chinese is compared to the "fast food" chinese you get.

That aside.... that dish doesn't look very good.