Friday, November 21, 2008

White Castle from White Castle - $0.61

1219 Lake Street, Aurora, IL - (630)820-1333


These are the infamous White Castle "sliders" so named because they "slide" right through you. It's a steam-grilled patty with grilled onions, and a slice of pickle.

My sister told me that the police caught a jewel smuggler and he had swallowed some diamonds so in order to force them out, they fed him these suckers. That's the kind of effect they will have on you.

I know they will tear my stomach to pieces, yet, I keep going back for more. I also think the aroma can be pretty overpowering and perhaps even disgusting, yet, I keep going back for more.

So what gives? Why do I keep going back for more? I don't know. Maybe the 24x7 hours are convenient. Maybe the price is tempting. Maybe I like that I can demolish one with two bites. MAYBE I even enjoy the taste. I don't know, but their slogan "What You Crave" definitely has some truth to it.


3 comments:

Kinobe said...

I remember White Castle from ages ago, haven't seen one in Malaysia for the last..hmm...15-18 years maybe. How small are they, I heard it's cos it's small that's why they serve it in 3s. MMMMMMmmmmmmm lookit all that grease.

Another awesome fast food burger joint is Mos Burger (Japan). I don't remember if I took any pics of it but I probably shouldn't post as I don't remember the taste anymore, I only know I went there like 4 times in the week I was in Tokyo.

Upp Dinero said...

Haha, boy this brings back some memories. Like the time eekbot and I got white castle at 2am, then went to the nearby grocery store to get some
Krunchers(jalapeno flavored potato chips) then got white castle again as we passed it on the way back home. The indigestion that followed the next morning was something i'd like to forget.

Kinobe said...

Haha gluttons. Sounds like an awesome night. Would probably have been better if you guys were drunk. I mean if you're gonna get the beer runs the next day already, why not throw in some White Castle.