Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sampler Platter from Uncle Bub's - $16.99

132 South Cass Avenue, Westmont, IL - (630)493-9000


The sampler platter comes with a combination of 3 BBQ back ribs, pulled pork, BBQ sliced beef brisket, ribtips, and BBQ chicken along with your choice of two side dishes. The side dishes we chose were the fried mac & cheese, and the chili.

Without trying to hype this place up, this is perhaps the best BBQ I've ever had. The sauce has this very unique flavor that I can only describe as "pruney." Prunes in BBQ may sound gross, but man, I was tempted to swig that stuff straight from the bottle.

Everything that came with the sampler platter was fantastic with the exception of the ribtips and the chicken. The ribtips were very tough and difficult to eat around the cartilage, and the chicken dried out quickly (I covered up the chicken problem the best I could by dousing it in more pruney goodness).

I read other reviews saying the service was terrible, but you pay at the counter before you receive your food so I don't think this is the type of place where you're expected to tip.



3 comments:

Kinobe said...

Yes but how was the fried mac & cheese?!

That does look like good platter, especially the ribs... I'm kinda hungry right now so I'd probably clean that dish out myself, along with the sides.

eekbot said...

the fried mac & cheese was scrumptious! i prefer smaller fried bits, but there was nothing wrong with this.

Kinobe said...

I wonder if i can try frying my own mac & cheese ball.....