Thursday, November 27, 2008

NY Style Pizza from Sbarro - $3.99

4737 Concord Turnpike, Wilmington, DE - (302)477-9850


First off, I'm not sure exactly which Sbarro I ordered this from. It was at one of the rest areas on Route 80 in the middle of Ohio, but I threw down some address in Wilmington, DE instead just to have something there. The reason I brought this up is because rest areas are usually more expensive than other locations so $3.99 may be a bit inflated.

Anyway, as you can see from the picture, there's nothing in particular that makes an NY style pizza stand out from any other typical pizza. I mean, I guess it's big and has a thin crust, but so what? It's like ordering an extra large thin crust from any pizza joint. That's why I'll always prefer the Chicago deep dish.

There is one other style I've heard many praises over and that's the Connecticut style. Who knew? Anyway, I hope to one day try their pizza.

3 comments:

Kinobe said...

Sbarro's! Sloan loves that place, E used to work there. Oh Sloan.........

OK slight misfocusing on the photo but otherwise it's okay.

So how thin and how big is that? you shoulda put something there as a comparison. And I agree, the chicago deep dish looks so much yummier. In fact I'm going to assume that having a slice of the deep dish is a messy affair, with that thick a layer of gooey cheesy goodness.

Kinobe said...

Hmmm no mention of Connecticut in Wikipedia (look at the list on the right):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_pizza

And we all know if it's not on Wikipedia, it ain't real.

eekbot said...

you can use the pepperoni has a measuring unit, no? each pepperoni is just about an inch in diameter so it's about 5-6 inches along the side (about half a ruler so 13-15 cm)

also, follow this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Haven-style_pizza

wiki says connecticut pizza is one of the best too.