Saturday, November 15, 2008

New England Lobster Roll from Harry's Savoy Grill - $18.95

2020 Naamans Road, Wilmington, DE - (302)475-3000


The lobster roll is so aptly named because it's freshly steamed Maine lobster salad piled on a grilled New England-style bun. This thing tasted FANTASTIC and I could spend all day eating these if not for a couple drawbacks:

First off, there's the price. Unfortunately, I can't afford to eat these regularly unless the next time I have salary negotiations, I propose they pay me in the form of lobster instead. Hmm... that gives me an idea...

The other downside is that the "New England-style bun" appears to be only a slice of white bread folded in thirds and toasted that way to keep its form. Therefore, the lobster roll was smaller than what I had envisioned and hence, less filling. If not for the price, I could smash three of these with no problem and then push myself to cram #4 & #5 into my belly.... and then probably stuff #6-10 in my pockets for later. Instead, I'll probably end up making the 20 mile drive and drop another $20 to satisfy my lobster roll fix only to drive back hungry for more. How sad...

Anyway, as for the potato chips, they taste home-made because they felt slightly warmer and greasier, but still tasted light and crispy. Lay's potato chips probably taste like this fresh out of the oven.

6 comments:

Upp Dinero said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Upp Dinero said...

Wow, i never knew about this bread folded into thirds thing. I thought it was really similar to a hoagie roll. Looking at these pictures,
http://lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=10542&highlight=reds+lobster
it is hard to tell about the bread.
It looks like you had the cold version of a lobster roll which is with light mayo. The other version is a warm lobster roll with melted butter as the topping. I look forward to trying this thing.

eekbot said...

on that link you posted, on closer inspection, it looks like they use the slice of bread folded in thirds too. in a way, i'm happy that what i ate is close to the real thing, but at the same time, i think this thing could be EVEN BETTER with a better roll.

Kinobe said...

You were almost there with the focusing. HOWEVER, lighting fails.

eekbot said...

first, you complain about the flash, and now you complain that there's not enough light. do you expect me to bring a lightstand into the restaurant or something?

Kinobe said...

I expect you to LEARN TO LOWER THE SHUTTER SPEED, BUMP UP THE ISO AND GET A GORILLA POD.