Saturday, November 22, 2008

Vegetable Dutch from Pancake Cafe - $9.95

1292 Rickert Drive Suite#168, Naperville, IL - (630)637-1010


The Vegetable Dutch is a collection of vegetables baked into a Dutch baby and then topped with havarti cheese. If you're like me and don't know what a Dutch baby is, it's a miniature German pancake. If you're like me again and don't know what a German pancake is, then follow this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_pancake

Anyway, I'm very proud to make a find as tasty as this one, particularly because breakfast items are usually the same ol' same ol' sausage, eggs, etc. This on the other hand, was like a pancake-pizza hybrid with vegetables for toppings. It's dense like a pancake with a hint of cinnamon and vanilla, so reminded me a little of pumpkin bread. Another note: since the German pancake is larger, it looks more like a bread bowl than a flat pizza.

4 comments:

Kinobe said...

Wouldn't that make a pretty unhealthy breakfast.

Upp Dinero said...

^Breakfast in america is not breakfast if you dont get at least a few of your arteries clogged with bacon fat.
I love pancake cafe! My sister and I used to go every sunday to get strawberry crepes and a denver omelette(ham, green peppers and cheese) with a side of sausage links. Plus a side of pancakes and hash browned potatos. And then I would go home and sleep until 3 pm with the TV turned on.

eekbot said...

@uppili - you're actually the one that introduced me to pancake cafe. my sister never heard of it so i spread the wealth. also, you're right about the bacon fat. what was i thinking by not getting any?

Kinobe said...

I love bacon. I'm not a fan of oil. Oh the dilemma...