Monday, June 1, 2009

Bacon Cheeseburger from Five Guys - $???

1249 Quintilio Drive, Bear, DE - 302.832.7555


As soon as you step in the front door, you'll realize Five Guys seems very proud of their numerous accolades. That was reassuring because it was actually word of mouth that brought me there.

I asked the cashier to order me his favorite item(s) on the menu and he introduced me to their bacon cheeseburger (and the bacon cheese dog, to be discussed in another post). Now, even with all the hype behind this burger, I can happily say I wasn't disappointed.... buuuuuuuuuuut I still think it's overrated. I mean, sure, the burger was mouthwatering, but I couldn't distinguish anything special about it. It was a while ago that I ate that burger, but I remember thinking that that was what I'd expect from the amount of money I paid. So yea, if you're looking for a solid, greasy meal, then this will hit the spot.

Oh, and one more note. Their fries were WAAAAAAAAAAAY too salty. Maybe I got a bad batch. I don't know. But it was definitely a bad first impression.


2 comments:

Kinobe said...

Hey but that meat actually looks gooood. Look at my Wendy's post. Or my McDonald's post. They serve synthetic meat here.

I don't like that they crumpled the bread tho. Bad presentation. Or it could be cos you crushed it bringing it home.

eekbot said...

yea, i would consider this place a step above mcd's or wendy's.... but still not gourmet or anything.