Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pinang Satay Beef from Pinang Asian Cuisine - $8.00

218 Louviers Drive, Newark, DE - 302.368.2298


The online description is "Marinated chicken or beef skewers, jicama and bean sprouts with shrimp pancake, sliced tofu, hardboiled eggs and chef's special sauce."

Obviously, that description doesn't match up with the picture because it's missing a lot of items (basically, everything listed between the beef skewers and the chef's special sauce). I ordered this dish about six months ago, so either they changed the item since then, or they completely messed up my order. I really hope I didn't pay $8.00 for this measly appetizer, even if it did taste very good, but I WOULD reconsider paying that much if I received everything on that list.

Anyway, the beef has a peanut-buttery taste to it, of which I am very fond, hence, my love for Thai food. So if I were taking only the food quality into account, I would rate this as a very good appetizer.

2 comments:

my said...

Firstable, you got the right dish. Peanut sauce and barbequed sticks of meat... whatever you listed is a whole different dish. The other stuff that comes with this is "ketupat" (rice dumpling cooked in palm leaf), cucumber squares/triangles and raw onion (cut to triangles).

Also, it's 20 cents a stick here.

Unknown said...

it's so expensive! this is very popular in japan. usually, $3.00-$4.00 >< even at some japanese restaurants in america didn't serve it with this price..