Sunday, February 1, 2009

Italian Beef from Johnnie's Beef - $???

7500 West North Avenue, Elmwood Park, IL - (708) 452-6000


Many people consider this to be the best Italian beef in the world. Indeed, I agree it was a fantastic beef. My friend and I were so pleased that we wanted to get another one on the way home but they had already closed for the night. However, I don't believe the gap in quality from Portillo's beef to make it worth the extra 40 minute drive.

This was also the first time that I had my Italian beef dipped and I had it double dipped. The bread came out very soggy to the point where it was falling apart and still, the Italian beef was outstanding.

I hear they have a superb lemon ice with beefy chunks of lemon, but I didn't try it that night since it was about 0 F outside. Maybe next time...

Note: I THINK they only accept cash so be prepared.

1 comment:

Kinobe said...

Oh wow. I haven't salivated over any of your posts in a long time. But oh wow. I'd prefer the beef to be a tad rarer but still. Wow.

For a second there I thought it was pulled. I'm not a big fan of pulled meat, I kinda like the chunk the way it came from the cow/pig/sheep/goat.

What's your favourite kinda red meat?