Friday, February 27, 2009

Aussie Trio from Matilda's Pub & Barbie - $12.99

801 South College Avenue, Newark, DE - 302.737.4800


"An awesome trio of Emu, coconut prawns, and Roo, served with three sauces: sesame ginger, teriyaki sauce, and manga salsa."

Okay, first look at the food. Then look at the price. Now look at the food again. If you're anything like me, then your brain just went, "Really? Is that all I get for $13?"

This appetizer was disappointing in almost about every way thinkable. I say "almost" because the coconut prawns' flavor wasn't bad. However, you'd think an animal the size of a kangaroo or an emu would be able to produce more meat than this. Give me some pouch or thigh for crying out loud!

Even if you put the size factor aside and judge the quality only, you'll still be let down. Had one of the skewers tasted okay, I might have cared to find out which skewer was which animal. But no, the meat was tough, dry and flavorless, so now I know to avoid them both.

2 comments:

Kinobe said...

Firstable, you sir are an asshole for ordering emu and kangaroo meat.

But I have myself, twice, and so have most Australians, so don't be too hard on yourself. Maybe just give yourself shit about it once in a while, but not too much.

That is RIDICULOUSLY priced too... I don't remember paying more than 6 AUD (6 USD) for a Roo burger. And that was at the yearly night market, a food bazaar for a week during summer, where most things are over priced.

eekbot said...

what's wrong with eating emu and kangaroo? ... besides that the taste and texture suck.