Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Steak Lunch Quesadilla from El Jefe - $6.50

110 Astro Shopping Center, Newark, DE - (302)894-9000


The word quesadilla comes from Spanish, and literally means "little cheesy thing" or "cheesy" (-Wikipedia). Rightfully so, because the best part of this dish is the gooey cheese inside. I've only tried a handful of other dishes here at El Jefe, but this one has quickly moved up to be my favorite amongst the ones I've tasted.

The service can be on the slow side, but it's tolerable. My impatience may also be in part because I'm going there during my work lunch hour.


3 comments:

Kinobe said...

the focusing on your first shot is all off.

is that cheese or rice? or cheesy rice? Cos that's what it looks like.

I'm not usually a fan of "pocket" food tho... like hot pockets or what not.

eekbot said...

it's seasoned rice. for some reason, all the Mexican rice i've seen has the same "beat up" texture. might be in my head, but i feel like it makes the rice softer (and in this case, better).

anyway, are tacos considered "pocket" food? b/c that's essentially what this is.

Kinobe said...

Probably not... but then again if you were to eat it with your hands you'd roll it up, so maybe yea.

I had a KFC twister roll recently (wrapped in pita bread) and.... nope, still don't like pocket/rolled food.