Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cemitas Atomica from Cemitas Pueblas - $9.00

3619 West North Avenue, Chicago, IL - (773) 772-8435


"Sesame seed bread layered with avocado, choice of meat, adobo chipotle peppers, fresh Oaxacan cheese and papalo (seasonal)."

For the meat, we chose the Atomica version which includes Milanesa (breaded beef fillet), Carne Enchilada (thin sheet of pork coated with chili pepper), and Jamon (a Spanish ham).

The sandwich was good, but in my opinion, over-hyped and over-priced, just because it was featured on the show Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives. Still, this Pueblan sandwich is supposedly unique to this single restaurant in the entire Chicagoland area so it could be worth checking out.


3 comments:

Kinobe said...

Avocado.. mmmmm... did you know adobo is a filipino way of preparing meat?

Both your shots suffer from handshake.

Still, that's quite a nice selection of meat you put into that sandwich. What's the white sauce? I'm no fan of mayo. I'm guessing that's the Oaxacan cheese?

eekbot said...

yea, the white stuff is the cheese.

and yes, i know my hands weren't still when i took the shot, but that's the best i could do. i bought the octopod so maybe the pics will look clearer from here on... but maybe not b/c i don't see myself carrying that with me to go eating.

my said...

Just put it on your head like a hairband. If college retards can wear their caps to-the-side-and-slanted I don't see why an octopod would draw any more attention.