Monday, September 29, 2008

Wendy's Half-Pound Double with Cheese & Baked Potato - $5.63

Jaya One, Sect 13, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, MY.

This is the first Wendy's in a longggggg time to (re)open in Malaysia, and I'm mostly just doing a comparison post so eekbot can see if it looks anything like what it should be (or better, hah!). I got myself a Half-Pound Double with Cheese regular meal (I didn't feel like doing a Triple), and a Sour Cream & Chives baked potato.

Since I can't compare this with how it is in the States as I've never had that, I'll instead compare this with McDonald's. And we'll leave the comparison of McD's versus the US version for another day and another post.

This is the Double with Cheese. It tasted good, I didn't like the bread as much as Big Mac's but the fillings were better. Maybe it's the "beef" that's different. I put quotes since I can never tell if these fast food joints actually use beef. With the amount of burgers sold everyday everywhere, if that was even 50% beef, Earth would be outta bovine most ricky tick.

And this here is the Baked Potato w/ Sour Cream & Chives. Serves me right for not going for their signature Cheese & Cheese or Chilli & Cheese, cos this was shit. It was plain, the sour cream wasn't any good, the chives look like last week's stock, and it probably was.

Next time I go I'll probably try the shrimp burger and a cup of chilli. I heard from someone who's had it in the States that it tastes identical to the US version. But they serve really small portions here, I mean if that paper cup had a drink in it I'd be done in 1.5 full gulps.

2 comments:

eekbot said...

that meat looks gray. are they allowed to feed you grade d meat over there?

also, i've taken craps that looked prettier than your baked potato. jeeeeeeesus.

and what's this about a shrimp burger now? i never knew wendy's had such a thing.

Kinobe said...

Ah, the meat grading thing. I'm not sure about all the rest but McDonald's here probably uses meat that's in the same grade as roadkill blended with leather and old socks.

Almost all the McD's in Malaysia has meat patties that are grey. The only time you don't get grey meat is when you go to Friday's or Chilli's.

This is the same for Carl's Jr and now Wendy's too, however for some reason Carl's Jr and Wendy's taste better than McDs. I hear from diggnation that there's some kinda liquidy chemical/additive/whatchamacallit that when added into whatever your food, makes it smell like the most delicious burger patty you've smelt.

Ah I knew there would be questions about the menu, so I took a picture with my mobile phone, but it came out shaky and blurry. I'll take another one next time.