Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gang Ped Yang (Duck Curry) from Tasty Thai - $11.95

287 Christiana Road, New Castle, DE - (302)322-1306


The duck curry is described on the menu as "boneless roasted duck, tomato, and pineapples in chef's special red curry."

This is another great selection from a mediocre Thai restaurant. The dish is supposed to be spicy, but it's not so much the burns-my-tongue kind of spicy. It's more like the tickles-my-throat-and-makes-me-want-to-cough spicy. As with all curry dishes that I know of, this comes with a little cardboard box of white rice to mix with the curry.

The angle of the picture doesn't show the size, but it comes in one of those one quart plastic tubs that most Chinese restaurants tend to use, but they probably only fill it up about 75% total. The price is a bit high in my opinion, but then I justify it by reminding myself that Thai food is more of a novelty in these parts.

No comments: