Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bulgogi Bento from Korean BBQ & Sushi Restaurant - $8.95

3 Liberty Plaza, Newark, DE - (302) 455-9100


Here's a lunch special from the only Korean restaurant I know of in Newark. Bulgogi is thinly sliced prime rib eye that's marinated in some special Korean sauce. It has a slightly sweet taste to it, Usually, if you eat in, they provide you the raw meat and then you grill it yourself at the table.

The rest of the stuff they give you is part of what I think is called banchan? It's just an assortment of little side dishes. I think this place always give you a fried shrimp, two sushi pieces, a scoop of rice, and kimchi. For those of you who don't know, kimchi is the reddish stuff in the 2nd picture - essentially, it's pickled cabbage.

The rest is random - I think this was the first time they gave me cantaloupe, and I usually get the sesame-oiled broccoli and those sweetened potatoes (not sweet potatoes, but sweetened).

1 comment:

Kinobe said...

How weird, korean and jap in one restaurant.

The first pic looks great, cos i'm hungry. The second pic looks bad cos I'm no fan of kimchi.