Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fish & Chips from Tower Of London - £5.00 / $7.19

202-203 Grange Road, London SE1 3AA - 0844 482 7777


This wasn't exactly served AT the Tower of London, per se, but it was a tourist trap right outside. And before you get on my case for eating at a tourist trap, lemme explain - we were hungry, and it was cold, rainy, and we had walked tons. I mean SHIT tons.

Anyway, their fish & chips are really something. Well, steak fries are too fat for my taste so the chips weren't all that, but the fish was pretty awesome. The fish was delicately fried leaving a nice, crispy finish, and the tartar sauce was so good that I daresay it was on par with McDonald's tartar sauce (I mean that in the best way possible - I absolutely LOVE McD's tartar sauce).

Not so bad for a tourist trap...

3 comments:

Kinobe said...

what're steak fries? Those look like normal real potato wedge fries to me... I love those over the McDs variety. Which is great and all but lacking the taste of potato.

That I have to say looks incredibly ordinary. But I guess looks can be deceiving.

And styrofoam? It should be in a newspaper cone! At least that's my vision of cheap fish & chips. Oh wait yours was 5 pounds.

eekbot said...

steak fries.... lesse... how to explain... the fries that i'm used to in america were referred to as "skinny fries" in the UK.

their "chips" on the other hand, are more like the dimensions of a pack of gum, but probably longer.

potato wedges are... well, i'll get some tomorrow along with my buffalo wings and just show you.

my said...

ok no i think i get what you're saying. skinny fries are what mcDs sells and steak fries are cutouts of real potatoes.... right so far?

wedges... erm.. are more triangular.