Thursday, February 26, 2009

Green Nasi Lemak from Pinang Asian Cuisine - $8.00

218 Louviers Drive, Newark, DE - 302.368.2298


Not sure what's "green" about it. Maybe it's environmentally friendly (Go Green!) Personally, I think the regular nasi lemak with the white rice was better - not to mention that the regular one is $1 cheaper.

This one has a striking similarity to Korean fried rice - at least in appearance. I ate this a while back, and I think it tasted like Korean fried rice too (meaning it contained sesame oil). I don't know. I was pretty unimpressed, especially considering how much money I dropped for this. I expect either better quality or more quantity.

3 comments:

Kinobe said...

Dude are you sure you got the name correct. That's nasi goreng (fried rice), not nasi lemak.

And I've never heard of green nasi lemak, but maybe it's a Penang thing.

eekbot said...

yep, looking at the menu now. i thought it was weird to be contain the phrase "nasi lemak" too since it doesn't taste anything like it.

Upp Dinero said...

Yeah, this looks nothing like nasi lemak that I have had. This looks more like generic american-chinese fried rice. What is this restaurant, a thai place that has malay dishes?